A good diet will increase energy, lower body fat to acceptable levels, and boost physical performance. A proper diet will also move every qualifiable marker for health in the right direction. Here is a short list to help get your health and fitness on track:
1. Drink a minimum of 64 ounces of water per day.
2. Eliminate all alcohol and carbonated beverages from your diet. Replace them instead with water, green tea and crystal light.
3. Eat more fruits and vegetables, and less pasta, breads, grains, starches and other refined carbohydrates.
4. Eat more frequent meals with fewer calories. A general guideline would be to consume three meals and two snacks per day.
5. Consume protein with every meal and snack.
6. Eat your largest meal thirty minutes after waking in the morning.
8. Avoid making dinner the largest meal of the day. Your food intake should match your energy output.
9. Avoid fast food, eating out, or any other meals not eaten or prepared in your home.
10. Eliminate sugar and anything ending with “-ose” from your diet. Example, sucrose, maltose, dextrose, fructose etc.